Duchy Coaching was setup by pro riders Chris Opie and Will Harper with the intention of sharing modern training methods currently used in the pro peloton. The pair were determined to create a coaching company with a truly personal touch- building relationships with their athletes was considered an essential cornerstone. Shortly after the business was established, experienced UK pro Steve Lampier joined the team as an Executive Coach, along with young talented pro Max Stedman.
• Bespoke training plans are specifically built around each individual athlete
• Plans designed for athletes riding road races, criteriums, sportive events, time trials, and for those who are simply looking to get the best out of themselves
• Coaching methodology derived from many years of racing at the highest level in the UK and internationally, and working with some of the most experienced sports scientists in professional cycling
• Strong focus on the athlete-coach relationship- getting to know an athlete personally is considered crucial
• Particular care taken when assessing the time an athlete has to train: "one of our greatest skills is designing a training plan that most effectively fits around your schedule, therefore helping time-pressed athletes get the best out of themselves"
• Focus is on quality not quantity- limited spaces available so each rider receives the personal care and attention they deserve
• Duchy Coaching's mission is to help all their athletes "train like pros"
You can expect 100% commitment from Duchy Coaching at all times