Co-founder - Executive Coach
- Chris Opie is a 30-year-old retired professional cyclist who was most recently contracted with the UCI Continental team Bike Channel Canyon
Role at Duchy Coaching
- Formulating and analysing individual training plans
- Dedicated to helping cyclists learn how to deal with the physical and psychological hurdles the sport presents
- He has been racing a bike competitively since 1998
- He has been contracted with the most accomplished teams in the UK: UK Youth, JLT Condor, ONE Pro Cycling and Bike Channel Canyon
- He has competed at the highest level racing shoulder to shoulder with the world’s best cyclists.
- He has accumulated one of the most impressive palmares of any UK continental rider: 1st at the Stockton Grand Prix , 1st in a stage of the Tour de Korea  and 3rd in a stage of the Tour de Yorkshire .
- As a youth, junior and a pro  he has led the British Cycling National Series.
- He was selected to represent Great Britain in the Youth Olympic Games
What Chris Offers
- A comprehensive understanding of what it takes to be a successful cyclist at any level
- He is personable, patient and works tirelessly to understand his athletes' unique requirements
- He has worked closely with some of the most qualified coaches and managers in pro cycling: Steve Benton [Performance Director at ONE Pro Cycling], Tim Elverson [Manager at Bike Channel Canyon] and Jon Herety [Manager at JLT Condor]
- He has first-hand experience of managing a job and a family while also racing at an elite level
- He is passionate about helping athletes negotiate a busy work and family life while also getting the best out of themselves
- He is a strong believer in the ‘no junk miles’ notion
- He ensures time-pressed athletes are utilising each session in the most effective way possible